To encourage our members to try/brew different styles of beer based on the BJCP guidelines and become comfortable with entering competitions the Son’s of Liberty will hold regular club competitions.
Schedule and Styles
• March 2017…Wheat & Rye
• May 2017…Session beers (<=5% ABV)
• July 2017…Big brew day (May big brew day wort give away)
• September 2017… Ambers, Reds & Browns
• January 2018… High gravity (>=8% ABV)
Club Competitions points:
- 1st place – 15 points
- 2nd place – 10 points
- 3rd place – 7 points
- All other entries – 3 points
Club Competitions Entry:
• 1 entry per member, per club competition.
• Entries can only be submitted to 1 club competition a year (You cannot submit the same beer/brew in more than one competition per year).
• Each entry must be turn in as either 2-12oz bottles or 1-22oz bottle. clearly marked with your information on them
• All entries must be brewed between 10/1/16 and 1/1/18 for club competition.